Beaver Scout year is now officially over after our successful Beaver Camp. We hope all those who attended enjoyed it as much as we did. Thanks to all the parents who supported us over the year. Special thanks to all the Leaders who have given so much time and effort over the past year.
Extra special thanks to Mick Laffey who has done a fantastic job as Beaver section leader for the past few years! Mick is moving on to bigger & better things as overall Group Leader for Claregalway Scouts. He will be sorely missed in the Beaver section!
Here are some photos from the weekend.
Click here for the full gallery.
See you all in Sept!
Next week (March 10), Beavers will have an evening/night walk in Lisheenkyle Woods. We will meet at Lisheenkyle National School at 6.30pm. Beavers will be collected at the school at 7.30pm. As this is an outdoor activity, they will need to dress accordingly. Each Beaver will beed to bring a torch. Seep map below for location of Lisheenkyle school.
Here’s a map to where we will be meeting at Lisheenkyle National School
Beavers who were with the group last year achieved this badge and we hope that the new Beavers will also! In fact, we hope that those that already have achieved Stage 1 can help others do the same.
Here are the requirements for the Stage 1 badge
- I can name all the things I know that can fly
- I can show pictures of and be able to talk about different types of flying machines.
- I can build a paper airplane from an A4 sheet that will fly, climb and turn.
- I can discuss the features of an airport from a model or picture (Runway, Terminal and Control Tower).
- I know how to be safe around aircraft
- I have visited an airport