We are planning a walk in Merlin Park Woods tomorrow (Tues 12th) for the Beavers (weather dependent).
We will meet at the playground beside Merlin Woods Primary School at 6:25PM and they will be collected at the same location at 7:30PM.
Here are the directions/map to the school.
Date: Sunday 22nd March
Location: Connemara National Park, Letterfrack, Co Galway
It takes 1 hr 45 minutes to travel from Claregalway to Letterfrack by bus so we plan to leave from Claregalway Community Centre at 8:45am sharp, We will be returning to the Community Centre at approx. 4:15pm.
Our schedule for the day is as follows:
- 10.30 AM: Meet in Courtyard for Scavenger Hunt (Park Staff)
- 11.00 AM: Lower Diamond Walk (this can take up to 1 hour) (Beaver Leaders)
- 12.15 PM: Lunch and playground
- 01.00 PM: Tree Walk and Craft Activity (Park Staff)
- 02.30 PM: Leave for Claregalway
What to bring
Mandatory kit includes:
- Beaver Uniform with neckerchief and woggle
- Raingear (Jacket and Trousers)
- Small rucksack
- Hat, gloves and scarf
- Strong (ideally waterproof) shoes/boots or wellies
- Newspaper in a plastic bag (to use as a seat)
- Sandwich and drink
lf there are any questions please contact us on 086 0545329.
We will send updates via text alerts if necessary.
12th Galway (Claregalway) Beaver Scouters
We have a number of activities organised in March which we would like to bring to your attention:
- Tuesday 10th March, evening/night walk in Lisheenkyle Woods (see post below)
- Sunday 22nd March, trip to Connamara National Park
- Saturday 28th March, overnight sleepover in Claregalway Community Centre
We will provide more details on the trip to Connamara National Park and the Community Centre Sleepover in the following days but for now could you all confirm via TEXT to 086 0545329 if your Beaver will/will not be attending these events. If they cannot attend one or more of the three events please indicate clearly in the message.
If you have any questions please contact us at 086 0545329.
Beavers who were with the group last year achieved this badge and we hope that the new Beavers will also! In fact, we hope that those that already have achieved Stage 1 can help others do the same.
Here are the requirements for the Stage 1 badge
- I can name all the things I know that can fly
- I can show pictures of and be able to talk about different types of flying machines.
- I can build a paper airplane from an A4 sheet that will fly, climb and turn.
- I can discuss the features of an airport from a model or picture (Runway, Terminal and Control Tower).
- I know how to be safe around aircraft
- I have visited an airport