Times & Date: 18:30 Saturday 28th -> 09:00 Sunday 29th March
Location: Claregalway Community Centre
We are planning to run a Beaver Scout Camp this June. As preparations for this event we are having a sleepover in Claregalway Community Centre next weekend (28th/29th Mar). This will allow the Beavers to experience the fun of overnight camping in a safe, secure and dry environment close to home. All tents will be put up inside the community centre. This event is being run with the Cub Scouts so we will have 15+ Leaders in attendance.
Our schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- 18.30 Beavers arrive at Community Centre
- 19:00 Setup tents
- 20.00 Bases (Orienteering and Obstacle Course)
- 21:00 Night Hike or Movie (weather dependent)
- 22:00 Hot Chocolate & Cookie
- 22:30 Teeth and prepare for bed
- 23:00 Lights out
- 07:30 Breakfast (Beaver to bring own cereal in a plastic container with lid, milk will be provided)
- 08:00 Tents down/tidy up
- 09:00 Beavers collected at Community Centre
What to bring
As this is a preparation for Beaver Scout Camp in June we ask that all Beavers bring the following gear with them in a rucksack even though all may not be required. We will be doing a gear check so that they understand the importance of a properly packed rucksack.
- Uniform – To be worn going on camp i.e. Beaver sweatshirt, neckerchief and woggle and navy scout pants or plain navy tracksuit bottoms.
- 12th Claregalway Neckerchief must be worn at all times
- Camp Clothes (the kind that if damaged would not be missed but are comfortable to wear).
It is recommended for Beavers to wear a number of light layers that can be can be removed depending on the weather conditions NO JEANS.
- Rain Gear (top and bottoms)
- Warm clothes for night-time including warm hoodie/sweater, gloves and hat
- Spare Clothes (Tracksuits, Underwear, t-shirts etc.)
- Strong shoes/boots
- Sleeping Bag and ground sheet/foam mat for underneath. NO PILLOWS
- Towel, Day Bag, Toiletries and any required medication
- Drinking water bottle with your Beavers name clearly labelled (500ml)
- Torch (+ spare batteries)
- Newspaper in a plastic bag (to use as a seat)
- Plastic Bags (for keeping wet clothes/laundry separate from clean clothes)
- Plastic cup, container (with dry cereal) and cutlery (all labelled)
All personal equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name. Your child will have to be able to carry his/her gear without assistance from the Leaders so please bear this in mind when packing and everything should be packed in the one bag, ideally a rugsack. No loose items please.
Please do not let your child bring:
- Any valuables including mobile phone, camera, electronic equipment or money
- Snack food or sweets (all treats will be provided)
Please ensure that someone is available to collect your Beaver in the unlikely event that this may be necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 086 0545329. We will send updates via text alerts if necessary.
12th Galway (Claregalway) Beaver Scouters